Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Why Participate in Run for the Reason? - Trey


I am participating in Run for the Reason to honor my co-workers, friends, and family members that continue to battle cancer. Several people that are near and dear to me struggle with this disease, and this relay is a way for me to do something tangible for them.

Currently, one out of every four Americans will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. To me, that is a staggering statistic. We simply must do everything in our power to find cures for those that have cancer and preventative measures for those that could potentially develop cancer.

Last year was my first year to participate in Run for the Reason, and it was such an awesome experience. I got in an RV with seven people I had never met before--after three days, 350 miles, and about an hour of sleep, I came away with seven great friends and a ton of fun memories. I am happy to be a part of the team this year, and I hope that the money that we raise will make a tremendous difference in the fight against cancer.


--
Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment