Monday, March 21, 2011

Why Participate in Run for the Reason? - Rosa



In 2009 my brother-in-law, who happens to have been one of my favorites, lost his fight to cancer. Though I did everything in my power to keep him comfortable, it just seemed I could not do enough. We laughed and shared good talks. He allowed me to help him, which I believed he knew he was really helping me. He would thank me for all my efforts and sometimes even try to eat or drink something just for me. I wish I could have done more. The time I spent with him during his illness will always be precious to me.

Now in memory of him I give my donations and volunteer my time to The American Cancer Society. Last year was my first time participating in Run for Reason and I truly enjoyed it. I was one of the drivers for a group of wonderful people with whom I share a common passion with, for a cause that makes a difference in many lives. It touched me deeply when I would look over and see someone, on the side of the road saying to us “thank you so much.” It moved me to want to do more and when I could not stand it any longer I told the other driver “let me out, I gotta run with them” I ran till it hurt (which wasn’t but a mile, I was not in shape :) ), but I gave it my all and gained even more respect for our runners.

There’s not a better cause to run than Run for the Reason, it allows another opportunity to help others win the battle with cancer.

--
Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment