Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Team C: 2011 Before we go...


C Team is Gearing up for this year’s run. Our bags are packed, the route is planned, and we will be meeting on Thursday to get our run on!

Introductions:

Runners:

Jeff (Captain): Team Leader! Another exciting year on C Team is in store. Jeff works in Distribution Engineering at the Hueytown office. He is no stranger to the running world. I’ve personally seen him at multiple races throughout the year. He leads our teams fundraising efforts as well as coordination of all of us this weekend. So pretty much, he’s the BEST! (And will more than likely have the best splits).

Kevin (Prankster): Well I think the other teams can go ahead and vouch for this one… Kevin wins the award for most creative! Always up for a good laugh… I know he will keep us all rolling and on our toes this weekend! Watch out, he’s got some trick up his sleeve! (And he can run too!) Kevin’s in Marketing at Corporate.

Brandon (aloha): For those of you that don’t know our friend Brandon, he was once featured wearing a grass skirt and a cute little coconut bra! Brandon can just about be talked into it all… peer pressure! ALSO Brandon is a natural athlete…. so watch out! He will be ready for the run this year, no question about that! Excited to see you! Brandon is at Gorgas Steam Plant is an Ast. Control Operator.

Shane (TBD): Shane is at Gaston Steam Plant and is a Control Operator. He is a new addition to our team. I am excited to meet you Shane, I hope you’ve been warned…It’s going to be a weekend with tons of stories and not much sleep… I think you can handle it! I am eager to fill in your TBD nickname with something good! HA! What I do know is.. you’ve have quite the fundraising! Congrats on that!

Kevin (#2): I met Kevin at Jackson’s at an after work get together. Another new addition…There is no question, first impression says, he is going to fit in well. He’s got the Baseball/softball and other sports under his belt… he is going to be a wonderful asset to our running team. Kevin I can tell you?..?... You are in for a treat! It’s going to be a weekend you will never forget! Kevin is also at Gaston and is an Ast. Control Operator.

Ashley (roomie??): And I am so excited to find out I will not have to handle all of these boys alone! Very excited to meet you. I am assuming that means we are roommates… All I know is what is on the website that you are in Birmingham! We are going to fill in the blanks for all of our blog readers as the trip goes on. Ashley will be a runner with C Team this year! Jump on board girl!

DRIVERS (most important part… without them, this would not be possible):

Delacio (stud): And that says it all, he’s just awesome. Delacio put together the most amazing video last year. I am currently in the process of locating it! Complete with music and good shots along the way. I’m so excited to see you Delacio. I think you might have been the best addition last year! Are you ready to go 5 MPH for 3 days in a car??? GOOD TIMES! Let’s just pump up the jams! He is at Greene County Steam Plant as Ast. Control Operator.

David (wannta be): He’s a wannta be runner! HA! I will get David Boyd to run one of these years. David just got back from Boston. He was conveniently there during the Boston Marathon. Sooo… I think it motivated him to maybe sign up for his first race! Hopefully we can get him out there with a few of us runners to start his training. David and I have traveled across the US to hike the most awesome trail. I can tell you now, he has the ability to run. (Ok David I’m done pressuring you). David is working on some good tunes for our trip… and I know I’m excited! David is a Distribution Engineer in the Pelham Engineering Office.

Trei (big country): YEA! Trei! I am excited to see you! I don’t know why you remind me of Alabama Country… it’s not a bad thing either. Maybe it’s because I have been traveling across the Alabama Country-side with you for three years. Trei will keep us rolling with his wonderful since of humor… I know you’ve some stories lined up for us! READY! Trei is another one we will get running one of these years. Trei is at Barry Steam Plant and his title is Plant Auxiliary.

Bob Spotsworth (TBD): WELCOME to “C” team (aka the best team). Bob is a Customer Service Supervisor in Southern Div. Office. And we are beyond excited for him to join our All-Star Cast! You name, too, is to be determined on this trip.

Nicole (yours truly): I am an Engineering, and am in the Central Engineering group, located downtown Birmingham. I LOVE TO RUN. That says it all... It’s my thing! And I look forward to this event every year! What a great cause we are all running for… To know we are all making an impact while having such a great time… is AMAZING!

I know I speak for all of my teammates when I say “THANK YOU” Thanks for all the support! This race could not be possible without the donations of our friends and family. The word “cancer” hits all of us at some level. And, so, here to a run, across Alabama, that is dedicated to the future result of “NO CANCER”

Gentlemen (and Ladies) Start your engines… the race will begin in 24 hours…

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment