Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why participate in Run for the Reason? - Kevin

Why am I involved in the Run for the Reason? Cancer took my best friend's mom when I was in grade school. Next, it took my grandmother when I was in college. Most recently, cancer took a coworker at Alabama Power. Other family members and friends have battled through cancer and come out on top after difficult struggles. Witness just one of these struggles and all of a sudden raising a few dollars and running a few miles seems incredibly easy.

Helping to organize the Run for the Reason is a tangible way for me to impact cancer. The money raised through our event not only helps to find the scientific end cancer but it also provides comfort to the people fighting right now. The American Cancer Society's work touches all cancer patients. They support research to end cancer and research to make cancer less painful. They provide support groups for cancer survivors, temporary lodging during treatment, and much more. I'm proud to help the ACS.

Cancer certainly isn't going to be defeated by one person. I'm happy to be a part of the very large team working toward a common goal.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment